Want to know the secrets of how to write a blog post that converts or Are your blog posts not converting as well as you’d like them to? This is the guide for you.
What is a blog posts?
Blogging is an activity that anyone can engage in – it’s easy, cheap, and available to everyone.
Blog posts enable you and your company to publish opinions, ideas, and reports on your own site about any subject.
They will be able to help you enhance traffic, brand awareness, conversions, credibility, and earnings.
Before you write a blog article, be certain to understand the answers to questions such as, “Why would anyone read this whole blog post?” To begin, a fantastic blog article is interesting and informative.
Websites should answer queries and assist readers to solve a challenge they are experiencing — and you must do this in an intriguing manner. Remember a fantastic blog article is intriguing to read and provides insightful articles to audience members.
Benefits of writing a blog posts
- You, Will Become a More Organized Thinker
Writing gives you time to organize your thoughts as well as re-think, re-phrase, delete, edit, and change your beliefs. That’s the beautiful thing about writing – it allows you time to analyze the coherence and logic behind your thinking.
This exercise can eventually become a part of your mental thought process in everyday life, leading you to become a better thinker.
2. Increase Traffic to Your Site
A blog gives people a reason to regularly visit your website, especially if you post frequently and deliver quality content that’s entertaining, useful or both.
Both B2C and B2B companies see business benefits – more traffic and leads – when they blog frequently, compared to companies that blog infrequently or not at all.
3. Make A Difference
Some people’s passions lean toward supporting a cause. Whether it’s a political, environmental, or social cause, a blog is a great way to build awareness and garner support.
4. Become a Better Writer
The only way to become a better writer is to write – pages and pages, day after day.
Of course, that’s exactly what an active blogger spends his or her time doing. The more you blog, the more you write – and the better writer you become.
5. Generate Leads
You can leverage your blog to get emails from interested leads by asking them to subscribe to your blog posts. Those emails can then be used for marketing purposes to increase touchpoints. Not only will they regularly see your blog posts, the door is now open for email marketing opportunities to promote your business, send special promotions, and more. The more often you can connect with a lead, the better the chance of converting them into customers.
6. Learn How To Make Money Online
Most people start out with one blog, but along the way, they gain experience and eventually generate ideas for blogs in other niches. What you learn from your initial blog – the dos and don’ts, marketing strategies that are effective, how to make money blogging, etc. – will help you accelerate the growth of future ventures.
7. You Will Be Exposed to Other Perspectives
In the process of researching new blog post ideas, bloggers are exposed to different perspectives. Similar to interacting with new people who have different ideas and opinions, blogging opens you up to learning and expanding your horizons.
With your audience potentially being the entire internet, you have the added bonus of discovering different cultures, ways of life, thought processes, and life issues. The result is that you will become a more open-minded, well-rounded individual.
8. Gain Influence
What’s the best way to change the world? You could become a politician, activist, or volunteer.
Or you could become a blogger. A successful blogger gains a wide audience of people who trust and respect them.
How to Write a Blog Posts
Here are the steps you’ll want to follow while writing a blog post.
- Know your audience
Before you start writing your blog post, make sure you have a clear understanding of your target audience.
You just don’t wake up and starting writing without knowing your target audience are.
Consider what you know about your buyer personas and their interests while you’re coming up with a topic for your blog post.
2. Choose a topic
Before you write anything, pick a topic for your blog post. Choosing your topic is the first step in the research process.
Be aware that selecting a good topic for your blog post may not be easy.
It must be narrow and focused enough to be interesting, yet broad enough to find adequate information.
Remember, Nothing – and I mean NOTHING – will kill a blog post more effectively than a lack of enthusiasm from the writer.
How do I choose a topic?
- Choose a topic that you are interested in! The
researchprocess is more relevant if you care about your topic
- Narrow your topic to something manageable.
- If your topic is too broad, you will find too much information and not be able to focus.
- Background reading can help you choose and limit the scope of your topic.
- Talk about research ideas with a friend. S/he may be able to help focus your topic by discussing issues that didn’t occur to you at first.
- Think of the who, what, when, where, and why questions:
- WHY did you choose the topic? What interests you about it? Do you have an opinion about the issues involved?
- WHO are the information providers on this topic? Who might publish information about it? Who is affected by the topic? Do you know of organizations or institutions affiliated with the topic?
- WHAT are the major questions for this topic? Is there a debate about the topic? Are there a range of issues and viewpoints to consider?
- WHERE is your topic important: at the local, national, or international level? Are there specific places affected by the topic?
- WHEN is/was your topic important? Is it a current event or an historical issue? Do you want to compare your topic by time periods?
3. Create an outline
Creating an outline is a good step to take while writing your paper.
It allows you to brainstorm new ideas and make sure your paper will be organized, focused, and supported.
Many writers find it easier to write from an outline instead of starting from a blank page.
How do I write an outline?
- Identify your topic
- Decide what points you would like to discuss during your blog post
- Put your points in logical, numerical order so that each point connects back to your main point.
- Write possible transitions between paragraphs.
- Know your intended audience
4. Conduct a research
Research begins with questions. Before you begin to find sources, you must determine what you already know and what you hope to learn. The plan for the study is referred to as the instrumentation plan. Your research study always has to do with an audience. Either directly or indirectly. It is your responsibility to define that audience. Every study includes the collection of some type of data—whether it is from the literature or from subjects—to answer the research question.
5. Come up with a good eye catchy Headline
There are two main approaches you can take to writing blog post headlines. You can either decide on your final headline before you write the rest of your post (and use your headline to structure your outline), or you can write your blog post with a working title and see what fits when you’re done. Your approach to headlines should also vary depending on your audience.
Create your blog domain.
Once you’ve decided on the topic for your blog, then you need to pick the perfect domain.
You need two things to create your blog domain.
The first is a domain name. This is your blog’s name
The second is web hosting. Web hosting is a service that allows your blog to be accessed through the internet
Without web hosting, your blog can’t be seen online. Without a domain name, your blog won’t have an address. The two are inseparable.
If you’re just starting a new blog,
you should use Bluehost. They are the biggest and most well-known hosting company.
If you want to create a blog follow these steps.
- Sign up for web hosting (I recommend
- Choose a hosting plan.
- Pick a domain name for your blog.
- Complete your hosting registration.
- Install WordPress.
- Log in and write your first blog post.
I have personally tested the performance and reliability of these hosts. I recommend
Bluehost to new WordPress bloggers.
Blogging is one of those jobs that seems easy until you have to do it. Fortunately, it does get easier, and with time and practice, you’ll be blogging like a pro in no time.
Blogging can help you build brand awareness, become a thought-leader and expert in your industry, attract qualified leads, and boost conversions. Follow the steps I covered above to begin publishing and enhancing your blog today.
If there’s an aspect of writing a blog post that I didn’t cover, or you have specific questions about my process or anything generally blog-related, let me know in the comments – I’ll answer them as best I can.
You can also read how to Monetize Your Blog: 3 Simple Ways to Make Money Blogging. You can follow us on
Monetize Your Blog: 3 Ways to Make Money Blogging
Do you know how to monetize your blog without the need for products? Don’t worry I’ll show you how you can monetize your blog in 3 simple ways and start making passive income.
This will help you establish a second stream of income through your website by leveraging your audience and content in a different way.
Ways to Monetize Your Blog
There are a number of ways you can monetize your blog—like creating and selling eBooks, plugins or music—but those take time and active promotional energy on your part.
The best ways to monetize your blog, ranked in terms of their relative difficulty so you can start to develop that all-important income stream after all your hard work developing an audience.
They’re a fantastic and relatively hands-free way to make money on the side while you maintain focus on your main hustle building audience and creating content.
3 Simple ways to monetize your blog
- Cost Per Click: This means Ads are sold on a per-click basis which means you are only eligible to get paid when a user clicks on the ad.
- Cost Per Impression: This means you get paid for the number of times an ad is displayed on your site.
- Flat Fee Ads: Flat fee ads allow you to sell ad spots on your website for a specific time period. You can price your ads based on how much traffic your website generates on an average.
Monetize Your Blog Through Cost Per Click
This gives a definitive means to track leads generation and conversion, you’ll get more money from CPC in principal. One downside is that if you have low traffic, or your ads are not placed at strategic locations, then you may get a very low click-through rate for ads on your website.
Monetize Your Blog Through Cost Per Impression (CPM)
This is a common metric used by the online advertising industry to gauge the cost-effectiveness of an ad campaign. CPM are ads that are sold based on how many times they are displayed. It’s often used to compare performance among different ad publishers and campaigns. This means you get paid for displaying ads on your site whether users click on them or not.
Monetize Your Blog Through Flat Fee Rate ( FFR )
This type of ads provide more impressions and clicks to advertisers and allow website owners to know exactly how much they will earn at the end of the period. You can sell ads directly through your website by creating an ‘Advertise Here’ page. Alternatively, you can also join programs like
BuySellAds or DoubleClick by Google.
So How Do I Place Ads?
After looking at the different ad types you can come up with a monetization strategy that works for you.
There are a number of great tools out there for writers to use to create high-quality ad placements.
Infolinks offers a seamless way to get advertising into your copy. Infolinks is easy to integrate and from the Infolinks option panel, you can configure ad color and number of ads.
A keyword will appear double underlined and when users hover over it, a small rollover ad will appear with details on the product or service.
You get 70% of the revenue from each click with Infolinks taking 30%.
Infolinks is an in-text ad network and offers various other ad types and can be used together with AdSense.
When it comes to monetizing your blog using contextual ad networks, there are very few high-quality publishers out there. Media.net is one of them.
Media.net is Yahoo! and Bing’s network for contextual ads.
This gives you a more hands-off approach to the ads on your site, by optimizing them based on the click-through your audience makes.
However, the higher the quality of the ad network, the harder it is to get approval. This means it takes a little more time to get running, but it pays via PayPal ( after earned $100 or more).
Now, for many people interested in monetizing their site, the first place they turn to is
Google AdSense , which seems the logical choice. Google’s tools play an important role in helping websites get found in search.
AdSense is the most established way to get contextual ads into your content. Your blog must first be approved by Google.
It is currently the most popular advertising program on the Internet.
Google provides a good opportunity for webmasters and site owners especially new bloggers to monetize their traffic – every year.
Google negotiates the price for you, and you can be paid per impression, clicks, or action.
This means if you’re confident you sell and can set to action for the highest yield.
Furthermore, you only get a few cents per click. A sponsored review, on the other hand, allows you to make far more money in a single shot.
You needn’t go through an agency, and can instead take your traffic numbers direct to businesses you love, and offer them the opportunity to pay you to write a review targeted at your audience.
To monetize your blog, it cost nothing to join any of the platform, no direct financial risk joining an ad platform. Sponsored review, you’re paid to write, so no harm is done there.
You can make pretty good money with the ads platform, but it is not what you can get rich quickly.
There are some common-sense rules to follow that will help you lay the groundwork for high and stable earnings.
- An actively engaged audience
- A topic that has a wide range of products and services associated with it
- Love the topic you are writing about and know a lot about it.
- Do some research to find the most profitable niches in terms of CPC and search demand. Build your content plan according to these insights.
- A basic understanding of optimization
- As well as producing unique and relevant content, do it on a regular basis to make Google aware that your website is being updated constantly with fresh information.
- Do not try to cheat Google with any kind of “artificial” clicks.
Then hosting ads could be the simplest and best way for you to start earning money.
How to Start a Blog in Nigeria
Are you looking to start a blog in Nigeria? If you are a non-techie person. You can start a blog in Nigeria.
Once you follow the step I’ll give correctly, you can do it on your own without any coding knowledge.
In this article, I’ll show you how you can start your own blog using WordPress platform in Nigeria with little or no knowledge.
The goal is to help you start a blog for free and get it live online and start making money with it.
Before we forge ahead on how to start a blog, lets first take a look at what a blog is and Why do we need to use WordPress for our blog.
What Is a Blog?
If you are thinking about starting a blog, then understanding these terms will help you meet your goals.
In 1994, when blogs began, a blog was more of a personal diary that people shared online. A blog is a type of website where the content is display in reverse chronological order, with the latest posts appearing first, at the top. It is a platform where an individual or a small group of people present information in a conversational style. Typical blog posts also have a comments section where users can respond to the article.
Following are a quick guide to start your own blog in Nigeria.
- Choose a profitable niche
- Know your audience
- Get a Domain Name
- Choose a Web Hosting
- Choose your blogging platform
- Setup your Blog platform
- Choose your Blog Theme
- Create Your First Content Blog Post
- Customized Your Blog With Plugins
- Add a Contact Form
- Setup Google Analytics Tracking
- Optimizes Your Blog for SEO
- Make Money From Your Blog
Now, we’ve know what a blog is, So how do I start my own a blog for free in Nigeria?
Let’s get started.
What Do You Need to Start a Blog?
You need these four things to start a blog in Nigeria;
- A Laptop or Desktop computer,
- An internet connection,
- A domain name, and
- A web hosting account
Now, lets look at how we can start our own blog?
You can read also : How to Write A Blog Posts: A Step-by-Step Guide for Beginners
How to Start a Blog in Nigeria?
without wasting much of your time lets get to business.
1. Choose a profitable Niche
The very first thing you need to do is find the niche of your blog. Choosing the right niche for your blog makes it easier to create engaging content. You don’t want to blog about everything.
A niche is a subset of a larger market that target a specific audience. You need to choose an evergreen niche if you want your blog to work for you for years and decades into the future. Many new blog die within days and most don’t last in a couple of months. So to find a good profitable niche, here are a few tips;
- Consider your own interest and expertise. It’s always best to engage with a market you’re already familiar with and knowledgeable about.
2. Perform keyword research. Using free online tools such as SEMrush, Ubersuggest, Keyword tool, etc. You can better understand the profit potential of keywords relating to your niche.
2. Know Your Audience
Most blog owners produce blog post without knowing who their target audience are.
Knowing who you are writing for is critical when starting the writing process.
Your audience are those people who read your post, subscribe your blog post and revisit your blog site again and again. When you target a very specific audience, you have a better idea about what they need and want.
Here are things to consider when choosing who your audience are;
- Who they are (age, sex, education, economic status, political/social/religious beliefs)
- What level of information they have about the subject (novice, general reader, specialist or expert)
- The context in which they will be reading a piece of writing (in a newspaper, textbook, popular magazine, specialized journal, on the Internet, etc.)
Knowing your audience give a lot of benefits. Below are the benefit you get when you know your audience.
- They help you create better content. When you target a very specific audience, you have a better idea about what they need and want.
- They help you become more successful. When you know who your target audience is, not only will you see a steady flow of traffic to your blog, but you’ll also find them sharing your content more frequently
- They keep coming back. As long as you stay consistent and focus on helping your readers, they’ll keep coming back. When you know who you’re helping with your blog, your readers will fall in love with your content because they see the value in your posts.
- They are willing to buy from you. once you launch your product, you already know who your audience are. Marketing your product to them will not be difficult because they know who you are and that you’re there to help them out.
3. Choose a Good Domain Name
One of the most important step in starting a new blog is finding and registering your domain name. Your domain name is an important part of your blog. Also know as your URL. For example: www.naijacryptoguide.com.ng. This will be your unique blog address where people can easily find you online.
If you choose a domain name that your visitors will have difficult time remembering, no one will visit your site. A good domain name is very important for you blog.
Consider this when picking a domain name;
- Make sure your domain name is easy to remember
- People can type it in bookmark or web search platform easily without difficulty
- It can be pronounce with ease.
Make sure your domain name is not confusing to the listener.
You can use this domain suggestion to check if your domain name is available or taken.
Don’t use too long domain name. Try to keep it short, preferably 16 characters long.
4. Choose a Web Hosting
Now, it’s time to get your blog started and running live. To get started, you need a web hosting company [ where your blog go live]. web hosting is where your blog will be installed.
There are a lot of hosting providers but for your blog: DomainKing.NG is best idlest for new blog. It offers everything you need to create a blog.
- Free SSL
- Easy to use cPanel
- Free domain name
- 30 days money back guarantee
Web hosting is one of the important part of creating your blog. So is important you choose the right one. I recommend Bluehost. If you are looking for a cheaper one with a good features, go with DomainKing.NG. it’s a wonderful company with good customer support. It’s fast and cheap.
5. Choose Your Blogging Platform
By now, your domain is ready to go live. You need a blogging platform to make accessible on the internet.
There are different blogging platform such as Wix, Squarespace, Medium, Blogger, Tumblr, Weebly, and WordPress.
Before diving in to install anyone of the blogging platform, it is helpful to know what you’re looking for in a blogging platform.
As a beginner, you’ll want a blogging platform that’s easy to set up, and doesn’t require any coding skills.
As your blog grows, you may want to change the look of your blog site and add more features for your site growing audience. That means it’s important you choose a blogging platform that’s flexible, with room to grow. Starting off with the wrong platform can make it very difficult to switch later on. I recommend choosing WordPress.
WordPress is easy to use without any coding knowledge. WordPress doe not require you a lot of time or money. You can do it on your own, and at your pace. However, today there are tons blogs on the web. The number of blogs in the Nigeria alone is 26,079 and WordPress alone power 64% and other blog platform share 36%
WordPress is an open source content management system (CMS). The most popular.
It ideal for beginners to launch their first blog.
WordPress enables people to share their stores, ideas, and build communities. Millions of people use WordPress.
With plugins and themes, WordPress is easy, you can make any king of niche blog.
Once you have installed WordPress, you’ll login to your WordPress dashboard or admin area by simply going to mywebsite.com/wp-admin directly from your browser.
6. Setting up Your Blog
Once you install your WordPress and you login to you home page, you will see something like this.
1 – The first thing you will want to do is to delete default posts, page and comment. To do that, log in to your WordPress dashboard and go to Posts > All Posts and delete the default Posts.
likewise do the same to the pages. Go to Pages > All pages and delete the default page “Sample Page”.
2- And finally, click on “Comments” and delete the default comment.
3 – Next, Time Zone. Go to setting > general > time zone and set your time to your local time so that when you schedule posts, they will go live based on your local time.
4 – Change your tagline. Your tagline is a brief word about what your blog is about. It is very important because this is what shows up in Google Search.
5 – Discussion.
6 – Update WordPress Ping.
7 – Media.
Why Do We Need a Blog?
WordPress is the most popular website builder in the World.
WordPress power more than 42% of all blogs in Nigeria on the internet. This have give so many blog owner opportunity to make money online with WordPress platform. Starting a blog does not require you a lot of time and money.
Each individual has their own reason as to why they need a blog. Many of them use blog as alternative to make a living, some to keep a diary or journal, While some, like brand and businesses use blog to reach out to their old customers and new customer to educate them more about their product or services.
A blog is an essential platform for marketing strategy for many businesses to carryout their product or services online.
Following are some of the benefits of using a blog:
- A blog helps a brand and businesses to share news
- Blog provide opportunity for many bloggers to make money blogging using various monetization method.
- Helps you socialize with interest-like minded people online.
- Blog helps individual become an authority in their industry
- It provides an avenue for thought and ideas to be shared.
- Allows you to show case your skill, talents, and creativity.
- Businesses use blog to gain more potential customers.
OK good, we know now why we need a blog and some benefits blog can give to us.
What Can We Do With Blog?
Blog is a platform where individual or group of people shares ideals or information online. Brand and business use it to advertise their products and services and also to educate their old and new customer.
Following are a few of what we can do with a blog:
- Start an online business
- Open online teaching course
- Sell phones, photos and gadgets online
- Start Forex and crypto tutorials
- Sell digital goods – like E-book.
- Article writing
- Start an affiliate marketing
Subscribe to Simbablog!
WEB HOSTING1 month ago
Smartweb Hosting Review: Pro and Cons
SOCIAL1 month ago
How to Setup Facebook Instant Articles for WordPress
WEB HOSTING1 month ago
7 Web Hosting Factors to Consider Before Starting a Blog/Website
WEB HOSTING1 month ago
Domainking Hosting Review: Pro and Cons 2022
WEB HOSTING1 month ago
GigaLayer Hosting Review: Pro and Cons 2022
AFFILIATE1 month ago
How to Monetize Blog with Affiliate Marketing: A Step-by-Step Guide
BLOGGING1 month ago
Monetize Your Blog: 3 Ways to Make Money Blogging
SEO1 month ago
A Beginner’s Guide to Creating Content SEO