How to Set Up an Instagram Business Account in 3 Simple Step
Do you have a business you want to promote online with Instagram? then, you have to set up an Instagram business account.
Instagram business makes the products easy to discover by your followers, family and friend. You can grow your business with Instagram business and drive more sales with over 500 million users on Instagram everyday.
Instagram business is a great opportunity for you if you are looking to sell your products on the internet. In this article, I’ll cover everything you need to set up an Instagram business account for free and start making lots of sales of product.
In less than 5 minutes, you will have your own Instagram business account like a pro.
In this article, you’ll learn:
- What is Instagram?
- What Is Instagram Used for
- Is Instagram Safe to Open an Account?
- What is an Instagram Business Account?
- Is an Instagram Business account free?
- How to Set up an Instagram business account?
- #1. Create an Instagram Account
- #2. Setting up an Instagram business account
- #3. Review Your Contact Info
What is Instagram?
Instagram is a free photo and video sharing social networking service. The app is available on iPhone and Android and is free to download. Users can upload their photos or videos and share them with their family, a few selected groups of friends or followers.
Instagram was created by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger in 2010 and was acquired by Meta formerly known as Facebook in 2012 for $1 billion.
What Is Instagram Used for
Instagram is a social networking service with over 500 million users that use Instagram everyday.
- Instagram can be used to run an advertisement. Businesses or brands used Instagram to advertise their goods or services to the 500 million users that log in everyday.
- Instagram can be used to sell and buy goods and services. If you are a small business or brand, you can use Instagram to sell your product to the Instagram users. You must have a business account or creator account before you can sell goods and services.
- Instagram is used for sharing photos and short videos. Depending on the video post type, an Instagram video can be anywhere from (3 seconds to 60 minutes) in length.
- You can share photos and short videos to people who follow you.
- You can set your Instagram to private or public. Private, only people who follow you can be able to see your Instagram post, profile or videos. Public, anyone can find and view your profiles, video and photo.
- You can use Instagram to promote their blog or try to sell products to make money.
Is Instagram Safe to Open an Account?
Instagram is one of the most popular social media sites worldwide with over one billion active users. This has attracted threats to Instagram users. One of the threats is the common phishing site that hackers use to steal users’ personal information.
Also, not all users on Instagram have a genuine intention for joining Instagram social networking platform, criminals have taken the advantage of those that open Instagram accounts for genuine business.
These criminals will create automated fake accounts that follow each other to give the appearance that the account is legit and therefore scam people millions of dollars. Instagram advises anyone to report with a suspicious account.
Sharing your photos and video can review your address or personal Identity such as ID card or bank details on the background of your photo or video, which can provide hackers access to your personal data to scam you.
Instagram users are targets for hackers. It is advisable to not upload or display personal data such as your address, phone number and bank details.
Hackers can not scam you if they have no information about you. The more information a hacker has about you, the better equipped they are to carry out a target. Be careful.
You should always avoid clicking on links that are sent by someone you don’t know. Only let people you know to see and interact with your account.
Instagram has released a number of tools and resources to ensure that you remain safe.
What is an Instagram Business Account?
Instagram business account is an account that digital creators and small businesses use to display their goods and services to their followers.
All you have to do is switch from your personal account to a professional account, and choose the one you want to use, (Creator or Business). Depending on the type of information you are posting on Instagram. You can use an Instagram business account to market your products to your followers and even to other users on Instagram and also to your followers on Facebook page. All you have to do is link your Facebook page to your Instagram business account.
There are benefits on Instagram business accounts compel to Instagram personal accounts. These are:
- The business account gives you the ability to boost your posts to more users on Instagram.
- In Instagram business account, you can schedule posts
- You have options to include your business name, website url, business phone number and the address of your business for people to reach out to you outside the Instagram platform.
- Business accounts get more insight information about their followers. You’ll get an analysis of people who view your profile or posts, how many people your posts reach, numbers of impressions and clicks, plus information about their age, gender and the location of your audience
- With an Instagram business account, you’ll gain access to features like Shoppable posts, which allow you to sell directly from your Instagram posts.
- You can set up an Instagram shop where you can promote your goods and services. Only Business or Creator accounts have access to this feature. With an Instagram shop, you can upload your product catalog, tag your goods, and even sell products to your followers directly in the app.
Is an Instagram Business account free?
On Instagram, you can convert your personal account to a business or creator account to access features that can help you grow your business. It’s free to have an Instagram business account. Anyone can join up. You only need to be 13 years old and above before you can create an Instagram business account otherwise it will be banned.
How to Set up an Instagram business account?
- With an Instagram business account, businesses or creators can promote their goods and services to billions of people who are most interested in what they do.Instagram can help businesses or creators of every size find customers and grow.
- On Instagram, you can share moments, find passions, be inspired and take action.
- Instagram business accounts have features and settings that can help your business reach more people, stay connected with them and boost sales.
Below are the steps to create an Instagram business account
Note: Before you can start an Instagram business account, you’ll have to convert your personal Instagram account into a business account.
#1. Create an Instagram Account
Step 2. Click “Sign up with email or phone number” if you are on (Android) or “Create a New Account” with (Iphone),and enter your phone number or email address, whichever one you want to use.
Step 3. Once you’ve filled in your preferred login details, click “Next”.
Step 4. Enter your name and password, then click “Continue and sync contacts” or “Continue without syncing contacts”
Step 5. Add your birthday details, click “Next” and click “sign up”.
Step 6. Enter your profile photo and bio.
Once you have completed your bio, Congratulations you have just created an Instagram account. The next thing is to set up your Instagram business account.
#2. Setting up an Instagram business account
Step 1. First, you’ll go in to your Instagram account, go to your profile page and click the menu icon in the top-right corner.
Step 2. Click “Settings”.
Step 3. Go to “Account” and click on it
Step 4. Scroll down to “Switch to Professional Account”and click on it, then click “Continue”
Step 5. Select a category for your business. Example: Product/service
Step 6. Click “Done”
Step 7. Select what best describes your business category. Example: Business or Creator.
Step 8. Click “Next”
#3. Review Your Contact Info
Check your business email address if it is correct and enter your phone number, Click on “Business address” and enter the address of your business, the city/town and zip code, Once you are done, Click “Save” and again, Click “Next”.
For you to use your Instagram professional account for Instagram shopping, you’ll need to connect your Instagram account to your Facebook page. Otherwise click skip.
We recommend that you connect your business account to a Facebook Page that is associated with your business. This will make it easier to use all of the features available for businesses. Only one Facebook Page can be connected to your Instagram account.
- Business accounts are best for retailers, local businesses, organizations, service providers and brands.
- Creator accounts are best for public figures, content producers, artists and influencers.
- When you switch to a personal account, in-app insights will be turned off and insight from all your content, including your ads, will be permanently removed.
You can switch back to a Personal or Creator account anytime.
Congratulations for setting up your Instagram business account.
Please share this article to others if you find it interested.